Applying for the Grow Your Business Online Grant in Ontario – Canada Digital Adoption Program
There is a currently a unique opportunity for Canadian companies to digitalize their business operations while subsidizing the associated costs through a government grant provided by the Government of Canada under the new Canada Digital Adoption Program.
What is the Canada Digital Adoption Program?
The Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) is an investment of $1.4 billion dollars by the Canadian Government to help Canadian businesses with financing, tools and resources to adopt e-commerce platforms and implement digital transformation plans.
Eligible businesses can apply for a grant as part of this program to help subsidize the cost of undergoing digital transformation, e.g., by adopting software and digital tools that can help improve operational efficiency and reduce environmental impact.
Applying for the Grow Your Business Online Grant as an Ontario Business
As part of the Canada Digital Adoption Program, the Government of Canada has partnered with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce to deliver the Grow Your Business Online Grant.
Through this program, small business owners can apply for a micro-grant worth up to $2400 to help digitalize business operations.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for micro-grant funding as an Ontario business, small businesses must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives) in Ontario
- Must be a registered or incorporated business
- Must be a consumer-facing business
- Must be able to be accessed by consumers or provide in-person services to consumers
- Have at least one employee (other than the owner) OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the previous fiscal year. For businesses in operation less than 80 weeks who have not yet filed their first year’s taxes or received their CRA Notice of Assessment, the business must have a gross revenue of at least $30,000 in the last 12 months of operations or since incorporation/registration.
- Must commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for at least six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding.
Who is Ineligible?
- Corporate chains and franchises
- Registered charities and not-for-profit organizations
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate agents and brokerages
- Insurance agents and brokerages
- Mortgage agents and brokerages
- Investment advisors and brokerages
- Businesses engaging in online reselling or drop-shipping reliant third-party suppliers
- Wholesale or distribution businesses and manufacturers
Applying for the Grant as a Canadian Business Outside of Ontario
Canadian businesses headquartered outside of Ontario are also eligible for grants under CDAP as it is a federal program. It is recommended to contact your provincial Chamber of Commerce for specific advice on applying within a particular province.
Adopt InStaff and Get Subsidized Through CDAP!
We have confirmed InStaff’s eligibility as a digital transformation tool with CDAP advisors within the Ontario Chamber of Commerce. As an online employee portal software that helps digitalize document distribution and other historically paper-based processes (like paper-based time tracking), InStaff can help your business improve operational efficiency and dramatically reduce your organization’s carbon footprint by eliminating the need for resources such as paper and ink. If you are an eligible Canadian business interested in adopting InStaff, we strongly encourage you to contact your local Chamber of Commerce for assistance in applying for a CDAP grant. If approved, you might find the cost of adopting InStaff subsidized entirely!
Learn more about the Canadian Digital Adoption Program here.
Ontario businesses can learn more about applying within Ontario here.